GREEN PARTY OF PIMA COUNTY PLATFORM
The following Bylaw amendment proposal will be on the agenda for the October 9th County Committee meeting:
The Green Party of Pima County bylaws shall be amended at IV.C.3.(f) to read:
(f) Confidence vote shall be taken at the first quarterly meeting in April. Confidence votes at the second and third quarterly meetings in July and October shall be taken at the discretion of the County Committee. A voice vote for each of the seven officers elected by the County Committee (the five Party Officers and the two Outreach Representatives) shall be taken. Should an officer receive a 35% vote of no-confidence as judged by the facilitator, the County Committee shall hold impeachment proceedings immediately pursuant to bylaws VII.C.1 - VII.C.3.
This amendment to the bylaws will require the County Committee to take Confidence votes at the first quarterly meeting in April only instead of requiring them at each quarterly meeting. Confidence votes may occur at 2nd and 3rd quarterly meetings if the County Committee decides to hold them."
- Grassroots Democracy
- Social Justice
- Ecological Sustainability
We are an eco-socialist political party and part of a world-wide movement for human needs before profits. We are independent of the two corporate capitalist parties and accept no contributions from corporations.
There is a glaring contradiction between our rich society’s potential to fulfill human needs and the cruel, dangerous reality we live under today.
For over 100 years, the corporate-controlled Democratic and Republican parties representing the super-rich have held political power focused on enriching themselves at the expense of the rest of us.
They have now brought the world to the precipice of environmental collapse, nuclear war or both.
Isn’t it time for a change?
We can create a just society with peace, freedom, democracy and prosperity for all in a sustainable environment.
Help us transform our economy from one that destroys our unique desert environment and pollutes our drinking water to one that protects people, the land and the water.
Human Needs Before Profits.
- TheGreen New Deal will provide jobs for all at a living wage while addressing the global climate crisis.
- Healthcare is a right. We support Universal Health Care.
- Municipalize TEP. Renewable energy for all Tucson and public ownership of the electric grid.
- No DAPL, no Rosemont Mine no Caterpillar, no Monsanto.
- Environmental Justice for the victims of TCE contamination.
- Honor Native-American Treaty rights, provide reparations.
- Black Lives Matter!
- Reparations to African-American community.
- End mass incarceration.
- Community control of the police.
- Legalize Marijuana.
- No deportations, amnesty for all, no family separations, yes to DACA.
- Restoration of Mexican-American studies.
- Free, public transportation.
- End discrimination against women, immigrants, Muslims, LGBTQ, and Disabled.
- Free public schools, pre-school through college. Nutritious meals for all of Tucson’s children.
- Cancel student debt.
- Enact Instant Run-off Voting.
- Full public financing of elections with free and equal radio, newspaper, and television time.
- Internet access for all with net neutrality.
- Legalize Marijuana.
- End "food deserts."
Register more Greens in Pima County
To ensure permanent ballot status, more Pima County residents
need to register as Green Party. Remember: More Green
registrations means more choices on election day!
Use Online registration, https://servicearizona.com/webapp/evoter/, to make our ballot status permanent!
GPPC adopted Vision Statement
We, the Green Party of Pima County, envision a county that is focused on a sustainable future, guided by the core values grassroots democracy, social justice and equal opportunity, ecological wisdom, and non-violence.
GPPC adopted Mission Statement
The Green Party of Pima County (GPPC) is a political party created to represent all voters residing in Pima County who have designated "Green Party" as their party preference. The GPPC shall foster, encourage, and promote the aims and objectives of the Greens by increasing membership and participation. The GPPC will also engage in direct action, promote Green candidates for political office, and support legislation which promotes Green values.
Bring Instant Runoff Voting (IRV) to Arizona
Tired of politicians winning office without an majority
of votes? Tired of voting your fears rather than your hopes?
Tired of good candidates being spoilers? Learn
more about IRV.
Elect Greens to State and Local Offices
A historical first, the GPPC has a slate of 7 candidates this November election!
E-Qual: Click here to sign nomination petitions for statewide and legislative candidates only.
The Green Party Ten Key Values